Re: Debian natively on Android device

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:58:13 +0100
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > Perhaps he thinks he has some claims on your time. From his
> > perspective you are wasting time he has acquired some rights to. Or
> > something ;-P
> >
> > Yes, deloptes: I know (or I assume strongly) this ain't so -- thus
> > my tongue-in-cheek. I still couldn't resist: whenever I see someone
> > telling someone else "you're wasting your time" in such absolute
> > terms, I cringe, while some baby unicorn dies in some rainbow
> > universe.
>
> Ah, you are right to put this proposition forward, but I have also
> the right to put mine :)
> It is not meant in general terms, it is about investing the most
> precious we have in a meaningful way.
> There are people who have gone this way (debian/mobile) already and
> gained some experience. There are few projects that need some support
> if someone wants to spend some time I would recommend joining those
> projects.
>
> I am sorry if my language sound that imperative - I meant it as an
> advise. And please note I said "I admire people that have time to
> waste". Note "admire" and "people that have time to waste" is totally
> neutral - he has time to waste - I don't mind, I just admire this
> person, because my time is limited. I do not understand how you can
> conclude that I pretend to have rights on his time - he can waste it
> or not - the point is the outcome.
> He'll go in a dead end, would you let this person spent hours for
> nothing. Better join some community that is already working on this.

It is certainly a worthwhile goal. I would consider using a smartphone
if I could put a sane OS on one, I have no interest in them at the
moment.

Probably better a tablet, my current phone has real clicky buttons and
makes calls well, I'm not sure I'd give it up for one where the numbers
disappear part of the way through a '..press two for sales..' rigmarole.

--
Joe