Re: How to reply a list message using Gmail with Evolution?

River Chiang <riverchiang@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello List,
>
> I use Firefox to read lists, when I clicked the link
> debian-user@lists.debian.org and tried to reply the message,
> Evolution's setup window showed. I tried to setup Evolution to use
> Gmail.
> Unfortunately I didn't make it.
>
> What mail user agent you use to view/reply messages on this list?
>
> Or how to setup Evolution to use a Gmail account?

Have you read the instructions at
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?visit_id=1-636215211102330376-2853514705&rd=1

If you don't understand how to apply this configuration to evolution,
take a look at
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.12/mail-access-gmail-imap-account.html.en

Note that if you are using 2-factor authentication for your google
account, you need to create an application-specific password for your
IMAP and SMTP access and provide that as the password to evolution.  You
can create the app-specific password at
https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords.  Your regular gmail password
will not work.

--