Re: Impossible to install debian-8.7.1-i386-netinst.iso

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:20:29 +0100 Pierre Couderc <pierre@couderc.eu>
wrote:

> On 01/31/2017 05:49 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:34:20 +0100 Pierre Couderc
> > <pierre@couderc.eu> wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you. The computer is old, I do not see this option...
> > If its an old computer ...  You're using a USB keyboard, right?  It
> > probably has as "dedicated" keyboard port, probably circular.  (As
> > well as one for the mouse.)  Get an adapter and plug the keyboard
> > into that port. Or find an old keyboard with that type of port.
> > See what happens.

> Thank you Patrick, but it is not a hardware problem.

Try it anyway.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

The reason I suggested it was years ago I had the same problem -- old
computer, modern USB keyboard.  The computer seemingly was designed to
use the keyboard in the dedicated keyboard port only.  Fortuantely, the
keyboard had come with the appropriate adapter.  I plugged it in and
everything worked.  FWIW: the keyboard NEVER worked using the USB port.
even after I installed Linux.  Have forgotten which distro.