Re: How to reply a list message using Gmail with Evolution?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 02:40:34PM +0800, River Chiang wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I use Firefox to read lists, when I clicked the link
> debian-user@lists.debian.org and tried to reply the message,
> Evolution's setup window showed. I tried to setup Evolution to use
> Gmail.
> Unfortunately I didn't make it.
>
> What mail user agent you use to view/reply messages on this list?
>
> Or how to setup Evolution to use a Gmail account?

I use Gmail for this list. I have taught Inbox (Gmail) to put all
messages for this forum into a user folder. Then I use fetchmail to
download only that folder from Gmail and use mutt to read and/or reply
to it on my local PC.

The one slight non-optimal element of this is I still need to mark the
mails in that folder as "Done" occasionally in Inbox, but that is no
great hardship.

I also separately have Evolution wired up to use Gmail, it was no
particular sweat -- what in particular are you having trouble with? I do
seem to recall Google insist you connect to them using TLS or SSL -- no
insecure connections. Beyond that I recall it being straightforward.

Mark