Re: audio mixer stopped working

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Charles Zeitler <cfzeitler@gmail.com> wrote:
> my xfce jessie audio mixer has stopped detecting my audio devices,
> according to error message. It suggests missing gstreamer or
> permission problems. I haven't changed any permissions or uninstalled
> any gstreamer packages.
> I tried reinstalling gstreamer and audio mixer, but no joy. Any suggestions?

Can you please copy paste the error message?

Is the problem specific to xfce audio mixer? For example, are you able
to use a command line tool such as aumix to increase/decrease the
sound?

Have you ruled out hardware failure? For example, does the audio
device work in windows? What happens if you pop in a live cd? Is that
able to detect the audio device?

Sorry for all the questions with no definite answers. I am by no means
an expert on this issue but since you have not received any replies
even after three days, I thought I will take a stab at this. My hope
is that the answer to these questions can help narrow down the
problem.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog