Re: MTP device mount gnome 3

On Saturday 21 January 2017 07:47:25 Vadim Kolchev wrote:
> Hello,
> Just noticed an interesting thing
> Have an MTP Xiaomi smartphone device, all relevant packages installed.
> Also have M-Audio M-track HUB external soundcard with 3 USB ports.
>
> When connecting MTP device to HUB, have message in dmesg about Xiaomi, but
> it does not mount and cannot be accessed.
>
> When connecting to USB port of the machine directly, it shows in Nautilus.
>
> I really got used to HUB, is there a way to fix it?

My experience with MTP and a Samsung smartphone is that the usb cable gauge is
critical.

A standard gauge 28 cable is too thin to provide a good power supply to the
phone. The device constantly disconnects until Android gives up claiming that
it could not find a suitable program on the host computer to communicate with.

I tried gauge 24/28 cables. They give a somewhat better result but it is far
from perfect. I suspect the cable is not entirely to blame at this point.

Your hub or its cable could be unable to provide the required power supply to
the smartphone. Is your hub self powered?

Have you tried to connect the smartphone with the hub cable? It may be too
thin for MTP requirements.

Frederic