Re: Help Installing a Dual Boot Debian and Mac OS MacBook Pro 9,1

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 2:43:54 PM CET Rafael Lauda wrote:
> I have installed rEFInd on my MacBook Pro

rEFInd is unnecessary, you can have  a dual boot system without it. I have
installed Debian on a MacBook Pro 12,1 without rEFInd.

> and I have installed the iso image for Debian 8.7.1 1 onto a DVD-R.
> When the computer is turned on the dvd does not show.

Have you tried to press the "Command ⌘" key while turning on the MacBook with
the power button? A screen offering different boot options (e.g. MacOS on
disk, debian installer on DVD) should be displayed.