Re: cannot rename with mv

On Mon, January 16, 2017 11:08 pm, David Christensen wrote:
> It's probably a permissions issue.
>
> Please paste this command into a terminal (as any user) and then paste
> the command and output into a reply:
>
> $ ls -d -l / /backup
>
> Have you set ACL's, SELinux, or any such thing?

I am running Debian stable with xfce desktop.  P.S. I have been running
Debian since Potato.

I am not familiar with ACL or SELinux.

rlh@heidi:/$ ls -d -l / /backup
drwxr-xr-x 30 root root 4096 Jan 17 04:18 /
drwxr-xr-x  8 rh  rh  4096 Sep  8  2015 /backup

Again, could the problem possibly be that mv requires in the partition
sufficient free space to hold a copy of backup?