Re: how to record a/v

Long Wind wrote:

> I have a TV card and I can watch TV with xawtv
> it use video4linux and the sound source is connected thru linein of sound
> card
>
> I want to record TV programs so that it can be played on cell phones
> Which package should I use?
> Thanks!

I use mencoder like this ($CH_START= your channel to record, $now_date= file
name, .mplayer/channels.conf.ter are DVB-T channels in my area. you may
need dtv-scan-tables and be lucky to have a ready to use file). See man
mencoder

mencoder dvb://$CH_START  \
        -cache 2048 \
        -dvbin file=$HOME/.mplayer/channels.conf.ter \
        -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200:keyint=300:autoaspect=1 \
        -oac copy \
        -o ${now_date}.avi