[Solved] Re: no tty active after system migration to second disk

deloptes wrote:

> Hi community,
> I recently added a ssd and moved the debian system to it. It might be not
> related to this fact but I now do not see the tty login prompt
> (CTRL+ALT+F1..F6). I however see it if I boot with sysvinit, so I think it
> is something in systemd, but I have no idea how I can debug and fix it.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> :~# systemctl status console-getty.service
> ● console-getty.service - Console Getty
>    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/console-getty.service; disabled)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>      Docs: man:agetty(8)
>

> :~# systemctl status getty.target
> ● getty.target - Login Prompts
>    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/getty.target; static)
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>      Docs: man:systemd.special(7)
>            man:systemd-getty-generator(8)
>            http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html
>

> systemctl restart console-getty
>
> hangs forever
>
> thanks in advance

I had to disable (mark) plymouth-quit-wait.service
This was blocking systemd boot process and getty is dependent on boot
process ending. This should be changed in the configuration

/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service

Type=idle -> Type=simple

regards