Aw: Re: Bash different behaviour of read / strings in jessie versus stretch (regression?)

Hi Greg,

thanks for your answer. I used "read" because it offered different delimiter (IFS) at the same time as far as my elements are seperateed by LF or (one) space (per element). You are right it is stdout of other programs. Furthermore globbing was not intended in this area but I did not want to toggle globbing off/on  with "set" within the script. As far as mapfile needs LF as delimiter (as far as I see) I do now a search and replace (space to LF)

mapfile -t _array <<<"${_inputstring// /$'\n'}"

This works in both bash versions.

Thaaaaanks !!

Yours

Lopiuh