Re: hotpluggable member of a bridge

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 10:34:16PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I have a bridge interface `br0` which usually contains jut `eth0` but
> occasionally also needs to contain `usb0`, which is an ethernet-dongle
> kind of thing.
>
> How do I setup /etc/network/interfaces for that?
>
> Currently, I just setup everything "manually": `br0` is setup `static`,
> and `usb0` is setup as `manual` with post-up scripts that add it to
> the bridge.

Fairly sure I've done this with "allow-hotplug usb0" rather than manual
and putting some brctl commands in the "post-up" stanza for usb0, e.g.

	post-up brctl addif br0 usb0

(and possibly corresponding for pre-down) but I have lost the specifics.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.