New to iptables

I'm searching for an introduction to iptables that leads me to answers to the questions *I* have. I've got a flock of links I'm working thru.

In the meantime I have a few questions.

One of the links led to _Securing Debian Manual_ and in particular
"Appendix F - Security update protected by a firewall"
{https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-fw-security-update.en.html}

I follow the description as far as it goes - i.e. access is limited to a specific URL.
QUESTION 1
What happens if the URL is not "security.debian.org" but my bank.
I assume that there is no problem with links within the same domain.
I DO know however that the site gets information from other sites to handle my requests. From what I can follow they are JavaScripts applets(right word) to display information. What would happen?

Because of my my uncertainties intend to have a "sandboxed" install. The associated partition will have only Debian and the browser.

Question 2
There will be a separate install of Debian that I will use for "everything else". Can the iptables of that install be set to allow access to any domain *EXCEPT* my bank's? The goal being minimization of "operator error".

Question 3
Is there a simple minded tool that I could enter the show in the example in "Appendix F".

TIA