Re: Duplicating a partition's directory structure - How?

On 1/3/2017 7:22 AM, hdv@gmail wrote:
On 2017-01-03 12:13, Richard Owlett wrote:
I wish to duplicate a partition's directory structure without any of the
existing file contents. The immediate application is a heavily customized
version of an installation DVD. There are two underlying goals. I wish to reuse
some existing utilities which expect to find data in a particular branch of the
directory tree. The second is very similar in that a person familiar with a
structure would assume that certain types of information will be in a particular
sub-directory.

Also this will be an educational experience as I expect the answer will be
elegant in its simplicity and point me towards chasms in my understanding of Linux.

Thank you.

Oops! I just noticed a solution was already given and accepted. Sorry for the noise.

Grx HdV

Not to worry. The script you gave may address another project of mine.
Note my stated expectation for "an educational experience" ;}