Re: before first use of a brand new flash drive

On Monday, November 28, 2016 12:14:15 AM PYST Doug wrote:
> On 11/27/2016 05:11 PM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 27, 2016 03:02:19 PM Brad Rogers wrote:
> >> f3 is in the Debian repos.
> >
> > For anybody that goes looking for it, it is apparently a "current" package
> > for Jessie and Sid, but it is in backports for Wheezy.
> >
> > https://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/f3
>
> There are also a number of rpm versions in rpmfind. I installed one, but
> I will have to make a PATH to it--the system can't find it.
>
> --doug

apropos f3
f3brew (1)           - help developers to infer how fake drives work
f3fix (1)            - edit the partition table of a fake flash drive
f3probe (1)          - probe a block device for counterfeit flash memory
f3read (1)           - test real flash memory capacity
f3write (1)          - test real flash memory capacity
kdiff3 (1)           - compares two or three input files or directories

HTH