Re: Stretch Alpha 8 netinst fails

On 11/17/16, marathon.durandal@gmail.com <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 19:19 -0500, Michael Owen wrote:
>> Installation fails installing the base system:
>>
>> /lib/partman/choose_partition/60partition_tree/do_option: line 88
>>
>> /lib/partman/active_choices/copy/choices: not found
>>
>> I've tried different hard drives, both installing on a blank drive and a
>> selected partition and always the exact same error message. I tried the
>> main Alpha 8 and a daily build...same results.
>>
>> Hardware is older core 2 duo on SATA drive, nothing esoteric. I've
>> installed many distros and never got anything like this. Alpha 7
>> installs fine.
>>
> Can't help, must I gave up on Alpha 8 as I couldn't get it to install
> either.
> Mucho disk errors on a new install and when I eventually got it installed,
> there
> was a problem with the distro list not being signed. So, after asking for
> help,
> not getting any here, decided to go with Ubuntu. Seems more suited for a
> desktop
> install IMHO. Unfortunately, as I've been a longtime Debian user.

I'm working through a few glitches of my own because I'm working in
Sid Unstable. Stretch Alpha 8. Hm. That sounds pretty unstable, too.

As soon as those glitches I'm experiencing are worked through, perhaps
we could start a new thread on using debootstrap.... to install....
Debian.

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey