DEBIAN Stretch for a few weeks now. It's been failing MISERABLY. This
is the first time it has been like this in the couple years I've been
debootstrap'ing Debian.

#1 is chroot becomes a user called "I have no name!" instead of root.

#2 is apt-get fails, says it doesn't exist at all, so nothing else is
possible re growing the new setup. I a-sume that may be a secondary
issue that would clear up when user "I have no name!" gets over
his/her identity crisis.

After yet another failed debootstrap attempt earlier today, I decided
that maybe the debootstrap process has changed in some way. That meant
a rational next step was to visit our Debian Wiki to refresh my now
very stale personal notes on the subject.

Within seconds of hitting up the Debian Wiki debootstrap page, I found
myself reading the destructions for how to debootstrap in... an
operating system that is not Debian.

For a split second I thought maybe it was something about a Debian
package. NOPE. Those instructions on the debootstrap page include a
repository link leading off and completely away from anything even
remotely Debian.

https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

Toward the bottom of the page there...

My sincerest apologies if I have in fact missed the memo where that's
the direction we're going. If it's an executive decision that was
made, that's.... what it is what it is... what it is.

#ThankYou to *EVERYONE* who contributes. Debian has been a MAJOR part
of my abject poverty level computing for several years now.

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* [redacted for Civility's sake] :) *