Re: Setting up reportbug

On 11/20/2016 02:07 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
> I have tried several times to set up debians reportbug. I do not have an
> MTA installed and further I don't whant an MTA installed. I use Mozilla
> firebird (icedove) mail client and am a happy camper. But every time I
> try to report a bug, reportbug starts wanting an MTA. How do I get
> around this problem. Can I get around this problem. This account with
> verizon.net (aol now) is what I wish to use for all of my technical email.

If you answer the prompts in the right way, 'reportbug' will connect to
a Debian mail server.  I fumble my way through the prompts whenever I
need to report a bug, and eventually figure it out.  I don't know
if/where this is document (glancing at 'man reportbug', I don't see it).

Use the 'script' command to start capturing your console session, then
run 'reportbug', and try to figure it out.  Type 'exit' to get out of
'script'.  Cut and paste your session into a reply if you're still stuck.

David