Re: Not Resolved: no sound again!

Anthony Baldwin wrote:

> Definitely not a new chip...I built this machine in 2010, and It didn't
> have such problems with lenny, squeeze, or wheezy, just now with jessie,
> probably another thing systemd screwed up? Sorry for top posting but the
> gmx web mail isn' t letting me write beneath the message without marking
> my response as part of the prior msg to which I am replying.
> I'm using webmail from a livecd, because another thing that' s  been
> Fscked on this Jessie system is I can never simply reboot, without using a
> live cd to check my disk with gparted several times, which I'm doing again
> now...Ridiculous...When did "stable" stop meaning "stable" and start
> meaning "useless"?

Hi Tony,
there might be many causes for a specific result. It could be that the
kernel supports your audio chip better than your old kernel. To me it looks
like an issue with the configuration - either bios or kernel driver.
Did you have a look in the document - perhaps check the document that
matches your kernel version and heck the driver settings.

You can eliminate systemd if you boot with init=/lib/sysvinit/init

regards