Re: My bash script is missing something - what?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: My bash script is missing something - what?
To: Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net>
From: Anthony Baldwin <baldwinlinguas@gmx.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 13:06:59 -0400

On 10/10/2016 08:54 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I have a trivial bash script named test.sh which has been marked as
executable.
Its contents are:

#!/bin/bash
cat /etc/debian_version
mount | grep 'on / '

In a terminal I type:

test.sh

The response is:
bash: test.sh: command not found

I'm using Squeeze with Gnome2 as DE.
What's wrong?
TIA

Is it in your $PATH? (i.e in ~/bin, if that is added to your path, or in /usr/local/bin, or /usr/bin, etc. I put all my bash (or tcl or python or ruby or perl)scripts in /home/me/bin, which I have added to my $PATH If the script is not in your path, you will have to cd to the directory it is in and do
$ ./test.sh
with that ./

I think you got that answer already,
but, as a side note (just a thought):
you could make this a one-liner, and even make an alias for it in your .bashrc,
like
# frp for find root partition
alias  frp = cat /etc/debian_version && mount | grep 'on / '
Then you could simply type frp and get the info you want.
close your terminal and start a new one to use the alias once it's added to the .bashrc file, of course)

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
translations, localization,