fetchmail ssl issue - was Problems communicating with and between servers after upgrade

Hi

Independent of our recent issues, we've had a longstanding problem with fetchmail.

from /var/log/syslog:
"Warning: the connection is insecure, continuing anyways. (Better use --sslcertck!)"

It's something we've tried to resolve from time to time but gave up in frustration.

/etc/fetchmailrc:

<snip>
# to collect mail: @clivemenzies.co.uk :

poll mail.clivemenzies.co.uk with proto POP3 sslproto tls1 uidl sslcertck sslcertpath /etc/ssl/fetchmail

user "user@clivemenzies.co.uk" there with password "*********" is "user" here options keep user "another@clivemenzies.co.uk" there with password "********" is "another" here options keep

fetchmail won't run with ssl options we've tried various permutations and combinations to no effect. We've also tried using the fingerprint method instead but any options we add seem to break fetchmail. It appears to be a syntax error.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Clive

--