Re: Problem with dpkg-source -b outside current working dir

Am 20.09.2016 um 07:33 schrieb kamaraju kusumanchi:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Malte Forkel <malte.forkel@berlin.de>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> according to the man page, dpkg-source -b takes an argument that is "the
>>  name  of the directory containing the debianized source tree". But that
>> does not work for me if the directory is not the current working
directory.

>> When is execute dpkg-source in the package's source directory, i.e.
>>    SRCDIR$ dpkg-source -b .
>> everything works fine. But if I execute dpkg-source from a different
>> directory with the absolute path as its argument
>>    /tmp$ dpkg-source -b $SRCDIR
>> it complains that can't find the original tarball at
>> ../pkg_vers.orig.tar.*. Shouldn't it look into $SRCDIR/..?
>>

> Is the $SRCDIR variable set to anything? What is the output of
>
> echo $SRCDIR

Sorry for the confusion. I just used SRCDIR as a placeholder for the
real directory name in my example. And I should have written SRCDIR
(instead of $SRCDIR) in the second part to make that clear.

>> Im using dpkg-source from dpkg-dev 1.18.4ubuntu1.1 in Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> As explained in the FAQ
> (https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-choosing.en.html#s3.2),
> Ubuntu is based on Debian but not Debian. If you are running Ubutnu,
> it is better to ask on Ubuntu list than here.

True. But I don't think there should be a difference in the
implementation of dpkg-source