Re: Laserjet p1109w - anyone got it working?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 08:22:35 +0200, deloptes wrote:

>brian wrote:
>
>> My dear old Laserjet 5N finally having died, I bought an HP Laserjet
>> P1109w to replace it. I have managed to install it to the extent that
>> it's recognised (USB connection, not wireless) but the problem is that
>> it apparently needs a proprietary plug-in to print properly.
>
>No idea what you are talking about, but I find this
>http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_professional_p1109w.html

Yes, that's the page I started from - and if you work through it all,
you will find that this particular printer is one of the models that
apparently needs an additional plug-in to work, and the file is
corrupted according to the software which you download from the URL
which you posted.

Brian.