load module on boot?

Greetings, friends,
so something went wrong with my old Debian installation and it won't boot (dumps to emergency mode every time). Consequently, I installed Jessie on the other hdd (that had win7), and I'm having a couple of minor troubles: First, I need the snd-mixer-oss module to load on boot. I can load it manually once I'm already booted with
sudo modprobe snd-mixer-oss
, but I want it to be automatic so I don't have to do this.
googling got me two solutions, neither of which is working.
The first was to create an /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf and add a line like this:
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss

The other was to create alsa.conf in the same dir with:
# ALSA portion
       alias char-major-116 snd
       alias snd-card-0 snd-ali5451
       # module options should go here

       # OSS/Free portion
       alias char-major-14 soundcore
       alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

       # card #1
       alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
       alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
       alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
       alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
       alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

Neither of these solutions seems to have made any difference.
I also looked for this module in rcconf, but it's not in there.
I'll ask about the other problem in another msg to keep two distinct threads.

Any and all assistance appreciated in advance.

LLAP,
Tony

--
http://tonybaldwin.me