Re: lynx - not all sites readable

One of these days, I'd like to put a website up and permit only text browsers like links and lynx and edbrowse full access and either block all of the graphical browsers or simply cause all of them to crash.

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:03:22
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
To: Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: lynx - not all sites readable

lynx isn't suppressing or forbidding anything! The sites you visit are doing all of that blocking and forbidding.

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:18:59
From: Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: lynx - not all sites readable

Hi list,

can someone explain, why lynx sometimes forbid websites or supresses websites?

I needed a driver from Nvidia. As I had no X available, I tried download using
lynx.
However, I could open www.nvidia.com, but could not jump to the submenu alled "Treiber". Then I tried to go to www.nvidia.de, but lynx told me, "This site
is forbidden".

I found no logic for these issues. Tried http 1.0 and http 1.1, but there was no change. Does someone know more? IMO lynx is very usefull, when there is no
X available!

Best regards

Hans