Re: Gnome 3.21: how to define compose key?

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

I want to use my right super key (right win) as my compose key to be
able to type accented letters.

I don't use gnome, but I expect

 $ setxkbmap -option "compose:rwin"

would do what you want.

And if I wanted that behavior all the time, I would edit the file
/etc/default/keyboard, adding compose:rwin to the comma-separated list
of pairs in XKBOPTIONS.

So, for example, if I found this there, originally,

XKBOPTIONS="lv3:caps_switch,compose:ralt,grp:menu_toggle"

I would replace it like so:

#XKBOPTIONS="lv3:caps_switch,compose:ralt,grp:menu_toggle"
XKBOPTIONS="lv3:caps_switch,compose:rwin,grp:menu_toggle"

I would expect it to work. Maybe it will.