Re: [resolved] FireFox broken,

No, I have installed Flash, and I keep it up to date.  My problem
is not YouTube, that was just an example.  I get error messages
telling me that the web sites are not secure, coincidentally after
updating crypto packages and Firefox.  I don't believe that YouTube
is insecure, hence the problem.  Not sending money through PayPal
could be a crypto problem, too.

Mark Allums

Maybe this is related to libns3 that someone mention, but we have to
get it from unstable? On wheezy, how?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

Installing libnss3 from sid/unstable solved the problem of web sites
unavailable with a security-related error message for me.

Enable Jessie, stretch, and/or Sid on your system by putting the
appropriate line in your /etc/apt/sources.list, such as:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib

and do apt-get update

(Remove the line -- or comment it out -- after you are satisfied you
are done.  Otherwise, all your updates will come from Sid--probably
not what you want.)

Mark Allums

That doesn't float unforch:

or been moved out of Incoming.

 libdbus-1-3 : Breaks: dbus (< 1.9.16-1~) but 1.6.8-1+deb7u6 is to be
installed
 libfontconfig1 : Breaks: xpdf (<= 3.03-11) but 3.03-10 is to be
installed
 libglib2.0-0 : Breaks: glib-networking (< 2.33.12) but 2.32.3-1 is to be
installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
caused by held packages.

So I've now commented that line back out of /etc/apt/sources.list.

Your attempt ran into some requirements that are prerequisites for libnss3. For instance, dbus needs to be a certain minimum version, and wheezy is too old. You will have to install another browser (i suggest opera for linux. google chrome is another option, unless you prefer a free software option.)

An alternative is to try upgrading to Jessie, and then trying to install libnss3.

Good luck

Mark Allums