Re: FireFox broken, sends no data to paypal on payment screen.

On 09/07/2016 03:58 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 09/07/2016 03:43 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 09/07/2016 03:01 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 07/09/16 03:03 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 09/07/2016 01:39 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

Online business seems to have hit a roadblock.

Is there anything I can change in the about:config that will allow
the "next" button to work on the https paypal pages?

I have even tried it a couple time after restarting in the safe mode,
with all plugins disabled.  Dead in water, not a single packet
seems to
be issued when, after entering the paypal address of the recipient, I
click on the Next button adjacent to the right.

FWIW, the old, hasn't ever been updated google chromium also behaves
the
same, when I can get it to login, which is about 10% of the time.
After
rebooting, it will not login at all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

Firefox is definitely broken.  I can't view YouTube videos or visit
many common web sites.  I get a security warning.  I blame a crypto
update for this, as well as a Firefox update.

Mark Allums

I think your problem is that Debian doesn't install a Flash viewer by
default. This leads to sites that check for such things to report that
your browser doesn't have one.  Read
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2993902/browsers/how-to-get-the-latest-version-of-flash-on-firefox-for-linux-after-adobes-abandonment.html

for how to get around this.

No, I have installed Flash, and I keep it up to date.  My problem is not
YouTube, that was just an example.  I get error messages telling me that
the web sites are not secure, coincidentally after updating crypto
packages and Firefox.  I don't believe that YouTube is insecure, hence
the problem.  Not sending money through PayPal could be a crypto
problem, too.

Mark Allums

Replying to my own post...

No, you're right, part of the problem is that they set the kill bits for
older versions of Flash, and Linux Flash is ancient.  The good news is,
Adobe has relented and announced an up-to-date version of Flash for
Linux (probably due to unfixable security issues).  The bad news is,
it's not out yet, and I haven't seen the timetable for release.  There's
a beta...

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2469886/adobe-flash-goes-crawling-back-to-linux-for-some-security

Mark Allums

https://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2016/08/beta-news-flash-player-npapi-for-linux.html