Re: FireFox broken, sends no data to paypal on payment screen.

Hi,

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 14:39:14 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> Online business seems to have hit a roadblock.
>
> Is there anything I can change in the about:config that will allow
> the "next" button to work on the https paypal pages?
>
> I have even tried it a couple time after restarting in the safe mode,
> with all plugins disabled.  Dead in water, not a single packet seems to
> be issued when, after entering the paypal address of the recipient, I
> click on the Next button adjacent to the right.
>
> FWIW, the old, hasn't ever been updated google chromium also behaves
> the same, when I can get it to login, which is about 10% of the time.
> After rebooting, it will not login at all.

by chance a couple of days ago I saw on the german debian user list¹ a
topic that seems similar, the conclusion seemed to be to install libnss3
from unstable (iirc this was about firefox and chrome on testing).
Dunno if this has to do with your problem, but might be worth  a try.

Regards

Michael

¹ in case someone can read german:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/2016/09/msg00050.html

Men will always be men -- no matter where they are.
		-- Harry Mudd, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1329.8