Re: System in broken state after dpkg upgrade

On 2016-09-07 17:13 +0200, Marko Randjelovic wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 15:17:23 +0200
> Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> File a bug against dpkg.  In the meantime, rebooting with the
>> "selinux=0" kernel parameter should give you a working dpkg.
>
> After rebooting with 'selinux=0' I reinstalled dpkg with success:
>
> dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/dpkg_....deb
>
> However, then I wanted to install reportbug and during install received
> the same error.

Which is not surprising if you had rebooted without that kernel
parameter again.  Don Armstrong already gave the right hint: your
selinux policy does not know about dpkg_script_t, and you should upgrade
your selinux-policy-* package(s) to the jessie version.  See the
changelogs of dpkg and refpolicy:

,----
`----

,----
| refpolicy (2:2.20140206-1) unstable; urgency=medium
| [...]
|     - Allow unconfined user to transition to dpkg_t and transitively to
|       dpkg_script_t (Closes: #707214)
`----

See https://bugs.debian.org/707214 for more information.

Cheers,