Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

> It's better that your message Not arrive instead of being disclose! and
> This is the philosophy behind True P2P IM systems.

Oh, I don't need 100% absolutely guaranteed delivery.

Just some reasonable expectation that messages won't be silently dropped
on the floor in fairly normal circumstances.

E.g. some email messages just don't get delivered, for instance because
they're misflagged as spam, but I still consider email as "reliable".

As a counter example, XMPP silently drops messages in various normal
circumstances, which XEP-0198 tries to address, similarly SIP tends to
drop messages on the floor if the destination is not currently
connected.  Another problem with XMPP is when you use several clients,
in which case not all clients will necessarily see all messages.

You can have a look at astrachat (http://www.astrachat.com/)

It's a XMPP client available on Linux, Android, IOS, and Windows.

As another example, BitMessage's approach of keeping messages for
2 days, together with some way for the sender to know if the message has
been received, seems good enough.

        Stefan