Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

On Tuesday 30 August 2016 17:18:10 David Wright wrote:
> The unreliability of email is also overreported by people
> whose homework, years earlier, was eaten by their dog.

Years ago I sent a Guaranteed Delivery Letter to our local Council.  They
claimed not to have received it.  As it was very important, I followed it up.
The area Postmaster, who was tired of being accused of not delivering things
his staff had delivered, was very co-operative.

With his help, I proved beyond any reasonable doubt that the letter was
delivered, and delivered on time.

The Council spokesperson said that I had proved that an envelope had been
delivered to them, but I had not proved that there was anything in the
envelope.

Lisi