Re: Subject: I can't get 1920x1080 resolution on my monitor: How find the name of the output for a "default" setup? (New Jessie install) Why does xrandr use the word "default" instead of something like VGA-0? What is "xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default" telling me--is it a problem?

Update: Ok, problem solved--I found the page "AMD/ATI Open Source Drivers (radeon, r128, mach64)" (https://wiki.debian.org/AtiHowTo), followed the instructions there, rebooted, and voila.

I guess the package that was missing was the "firmware-linux-nonfree".

I'm still curious about some of the questions here, but, well curiosity apparently killed one or more cats...

Sorry for the noise!

regards,

Randy Kramer