Re: Keeping firefox up to date

On 2016-08-15, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:

>> No problem. I didn't realise that 'release' was not available on
>> wheezy. That is slightly worrying as it suggests that a time will
>> come when esr is no longer available either on wheezy. In the
>> meantime, Gene won't have to add new respositories to get firefox-esr.
>
> Well, Chrome is no longer available or supported on Wheezy either.  Why
> should Firefox be any different?   I suspect that support will stop next
> year or so when Long Term Support for Wheezy ends.   The consequences of
> "progress."

I should expect Firefox-esr to be maintained on Wheezy for the extended
life of Wheezy (coming as it does from the http://security.debian.org/
repository).

We Wheezy people no longer have any reason to keep mozilla.debian.net in
our sources.list (if I'm understanding this all correctly), as release
is no longer available. In fact, I believe it's making my little
gnome-updater thingamajig freak out.

--
Même l’avenir n’est plus ce qu’il était.
Paul Valéry