Re: Are Debian online manpages down?

On 8/12/2016 11:49 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Friday 12 August 2016 09:33:02 Richard Owlett wrote:
On 8/12/2016 3:25 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
Richard Owlett composed on 2016-08-12 02:49 (UTC-0500):
Simply googling any specific man page WFM for components and
utilities that aren't specific to Debian.

I explicitly wanted the Debian version.

What doesn't exist can't be gotten. [SNIP}

What I want has been in existence for years and the link to it
exists in
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ !

Where?  Curiosity, not contradiction.  Perhaps it never actually happened,
just got planned.

Sorry. Careless copy-n-paste ;<
https://www.debian.org/doc/  says

manual pages [1]
Traditionally, all Unix programs are documented with manual pages, reference manuals made available through the man command. They usually aren't meant for beginners. You can search for and read the manual pages available in Debian in http://manpages.debian.org/.[2]

[1] a link to http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#man
[2] a link to http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi

I reported the problem over on debian-www list and was told that the problem exists and is being investigated.