Re: (OT kinda) Newly-discovered TCP flaw

Gene Heskett wrote:

> And if this has been installed into the /etc/sysctl.conf file, what will
> it be set to after a reboot?
>
> I interpret that, since the word "at run time" in that README to mean a
> reboot.  And I do not see an exception in that README that should muddy
> that meaning.

you either activate it (what you put in the /etc/sysctl.conf file) with -p
option or it will be set on reboot. the advantage of reboot is that all
programs will take notice of this option, while when changing it in run
time, it could be that some programs still use the old value until tcp conn
closes.
this is how i understand it

regards