Re: NFS no_root_squash not working (permission denied)

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 05:43:12PM +0200, Ulf Volmer wrote:
> /etc/exports is
>
> /export/backup-n40l	bob.clients(rw,no_subtree_check)
> virt(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

I changed my /etc/exports from what I had to:

/home		arc1(ro,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)

Ran exportfs -a, and IT WORKED.

Thank you, Ulf.  None of the rest of this is directed at you.

Holy crap.  That means I have to put no_subtree_check in EVERY DAMNED
FIELD of EVERY DAMNED LINE.... :-(

Whyyyyy...?!

Why isn't there any way to tell /etc/exports "I want to add these two
options to EVERY SINGLE FIELD of EVERY SINGLE LINE without having to
type it out a couple hundred times"?

The one option we had that allowed us to write it once per LINE instead
of once per FIELD is now BROKEN?!

Well, I guess I have additional information to add in the bug report.