Re: problem with Samba on Jessie

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, May 7, 2015, at 16:23, Roger Howard wrote:
> Having done some research on my problem with Samba 4.1.17 as provided by
> Debian Jessie, it seems that it is documented as bug 10604 on the Samba
> bugzilla. It looks as though the Debian providers should fix their
> version
> of Samba with the appropriate patch.

Can you please file a bug on the Debian bug tracking system, pointing to
bug 10604 upstream and requesting that the fix should be backported to
Debian jessie?

That might speed up things...

There is a bug report since this email was exchanged.

It suggests a magic idmap config as a workaround.  This does not work and you can't
just throw range values in there which overlap with Unix UID range.

This is known issue for awhile now and the fix from samba upstream is still
not in Debian stable.

We have one server seeing the second auth always required, and another server
where the session always fails to connect with the getpwuid() failed error.  I'm dead
in the water with development of the second server - I'll need to look at
installing from testing or trying a build from http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4