Re: Debian server for backups of Windows clients

On 08/08/2016 01:05 PM, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> We also have security
> implications as the backup server and the Windows computer are in
> different offices, so the backup would be over the Internet.

For security, you can use an SSH tunnel (Cygwin openssh on the Windows
machine).

Backing up over a WAN connection is only practical if your links are
fast and there isn't much data.  The same goes for verification,
restore, and archiving jobs.  Imaging is likely to be impractical.  I'd
consider building another backup machine and deploying it on the remote LAN.

David