Re: Mythtv has lost all its on screen text

On Friday 05 August 2016 10:20:16 Alan Chandler wrote:

> On 05/08/16 15:14, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On 08/04/2016 07:12 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
> >> I have mythtv installed from debian multimedia.  I am running
> >> testing
> >
> > Once you introduce Debian Multimedia to your mix, you get to keep
> > all the broken pieces. "These packages are known to not integrate
> > well with other software packages in Debian and cause breakage
> > regularly. "
>
> I know its a risk, but how else do I get a working mythtv setup other
> than compiling from scratch?
>
> I just wondered if anyone here had noticed the same problem and found
> a work around.

Install build-essential and compile from source?  I did that once, years
ago, took about a week to pull in all its dependencies, and found I
didn't have enough iron to run it, it is resource hungry.  But it didn't
do funny things either like the packaged versions did and that you are
seeing.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)