Re: Sound troubles on crashed Jessie on Skylake

Lisi Reisz wrote on 08/04/16 18:27:
> On Thursday 04 August 2016 17:01:01 Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
>> Which sound devices are shown by alsamixer? (See the text on the top left
>> and, maybe, use F2  and F6 keys.)
>
> Card: PulseAudio
> Chip: PulseAudio
>
> F6
> default
> 0 HDA Intel PCH
> 1 HDA NVidia
> enter device name

Do you get sound if you select 0 or 1 ?

> F2
> /proc/asound/version
> /proc/asound/cards
> /proc/asound/devices
> /proc/asound/oss/devices
> /proc/asound/timers
> /proc/asound/pcm
>
>> Is there a file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf?
>
> No

On a HP Probook without additional discrete GPU I had to set

  options snd_hda_intel index=1

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf in order to get the speakers to work.

>> What is the output of
>>
>>   lsmod | grep snd
>
> You missed this in my original post:

Yes, sorry.

> peter@Nyx-II:~/Music$ lsmod | grep snd
> snd_hda_codec_realtek    81920  1
> snd_hda_codec_generic    73728  1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
> snd_hda_codec_hdmi     53248  1
> snd_hda_intel          36864  7
> snd_hda_codec         131072  4
> snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_intel
> snd_hda_core           69632  5
> snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel
> snd_hwdep              16384  1 snd_hda_codec
> snd_pcm               102400  4
> snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_core
> snd_timer              32768  1 snd_pcm
> snd                    86016  22
> snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hwdep,snd_timer,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_pcm,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel
> soundcore              16384  1 snd
> peter@Nyx-II:~/Music$

Which kernel drivers are in use for the audio devices according to the output of
  lspci -v
?
Does the output of dmesg reveal something regarding the sound devices?

> Thank you for the help, Jörg-Volker! :-)
> Lisi

You're welcome.

Regards,
jvp.