Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

Charlie writes:
> So after opening a program on a viewport that I had just had another
> program finish opening. I would click on another program, and before
> it opened, move the cursor to the desktop and viewport where I wanted
> it to open and click on it, and it would open in that
> location. However, that is by design. It opened exactly where
> required.

Yes, that is correct: it is mapping relative to the viewport rather than
to the display (I should have written "pane" rather than "viewport" as
in FVWM jargon the viewport is what the physical screen shows while a
"pane" is a section of the desktop).  However, I have also had programs
pop up a window in a pane that is not in the viewport.  My wife has a
Javascript thing that does it consistently.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com