Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 08:54:58 +0100 Lisi Reisz sent:

> On Thursday 04 August 2016 03:21:20 David Wright wrote:
> > The OP said they use fvwm which exhibits the behaviour I described.
> > If you can drag the window from where it popped up to where you want
> > it, then it was on the correct *desktop*.
>
> No, it wasn't.   I said and meant "desktop", otherwise known as
> workspace.  If you say that the OP, who uses FVWM, said workspace and
> meant viewport, I cannot argue, since you obviously know FVWM, and I
> don't.

	After contemplation, my reply is:

I have always known them as desktops, workspaces also feels right.

There are 16 of these, divided into 4 X 4. The first 4 are headed
FVWM, the second four Development, the third four Internet and the
last are labelled Misc. You can mouse drag open packages within the four
desktops of each section, but not into the next four or any other of the
12 desktops.

I'm unsure when this was so programmed. In the old times one could
mouse drag open packages into any desktop. There were no hard no go
fences between them.

Through my .xsession I have 3 xterms open on my first, one of four
desktops in that first group. Three of the desktops in that group of
four remain empty, till I open something in them

All the other sections with four desktops remain empty and I open
packages in them, as needed as I work.

Probably not explained too well, but it's late and I am weary.

Regards the original post, without using devilspie2, chromium is
staying now in the desktop where it is opened. BUt tomorrow is another
day.

Be well,
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our
	friends. ---- Churton Collins

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.