Re: Icedove crashes after recent update

On 04/08/16 04:18, Emile Antonios wrote:

> Hello,

Hello, Emile.

> I've noticed that over the last few weeks Icedove is crashing. I've
> never had a problem with that before. It typically happens when clicking
> on or deleting an email. I don't get any error, it just closes.
>
> I'm running Jessie KDE
>
> same as:
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128931

It seems that several of us are experiencing this issue. Here I am using
the same environment that you (KDE + Icedove in Debian Jessie, all
updated to the latest versions). Although on the references you mention
seems not to be something related to the desktop environment, because
there was also someone with XFCE who had the same problem.

I'm not sure if I began to see this after the last update or before, but
I can say that quite some time and became something a little annoying.

Doing some tests running Icedove from a console, it seems that a
segmentation fault occurs.

Doing some debug based on this document [1], I found several reasons for
this:

* A file not found:

nsHTMLCSSStyleSheet::~nsHTMLCSSStyleSheet
(this=this@entry=0x7fffc75fd380, __in_chrg=<optimized out>)
    at
/build/icedove-tNL3mB/icedove-45.1.0/mozilla/layout/style/nsHTMLCSSStyleSheet.cpp:42
42
/build/icedove-tNL3mB/icedove-45.1.0/mozilla/layout/style/nsHTMLCSSStyleSheet.cpp:
No such file or directory.

* Some kind of problem related to libxul:

0x00007ffff4a2f550 in vtable for nsDisplayXULImage () from
/usr/lib/icedove/libxul.so
0x00007ffff4a09fd0 in vtable for nsDisplayBackgroundImage () from
/usr/lib/icedove/libxul.so

* I'm not sure what happened here:

0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

Unfortunately I had the head working on other things and left this issue
a little aside for the moment.

Have you installed some add-on? Here I'm using Enigmail, Iceowl, Inverse
SOGO Connector and Provider for Google Calendar (I do not remember to
have installed the the Google Calendar add-on so maybe it was some
automatic dependency).

Kind regards,
Daniel

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Icedove#Debugging