Re: GNOME 3.20 dropped support for tap-to-click?

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016, Francois Gouget wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2016, Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2 Jun 2016, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Unfortunately the synaptics package in Debian was changed to have a
> > > higher priority then libinput [2]. So if you have
> > > xserver-xorg-input-synaptics installed you can't configure your touchpad
> > > in gnome-control-center atm.
> >
> > Removing xserver-xorg-input-synaptics worked. Thanks!
>
> I've been meaning to send this for a while.
>
> The problem with removing xserver-xorg-input-synaptics is that then I
> can no longer right-click using the touchpad, neither through a hard
> click, nor by tapping. It looks like xserver-xorg-input-libinput either
> does not support it, or is not configured to support it but then I have
> not found any configuration option for it.
>
> So things are still not working as they should :-(

I tried some more mouse/touchpad drivers to no avail. To summarize:
 * xserver-xorg-input-synaptics: tap-to-click but no right click
 * xserver-xorg-input-libinput:  right click but no tap-to-click
 * xserver-xorg-input-mtrack:    dead touchpad, mouse works
 * xserver-xorg-input-multitouch:dead touchpad, mouse works
 * xserver-xorg-input-mutouch:   dead touchpad, mouse works

So no matter what, touchpads are broken in GNOME and so far as I can
tell nobody cares :-(

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
                Linux: It is now safe to turn on your computer.