Re: password problem

On 2016-07-12, der.hans <deb-user@LuftHans.com> wrote:

>>;s The installation proceeded smoothly to the end and I tried to log in.
>> That's where the wheels came off. The os wouldn't take the password no
>> matter how many tries there were.
>
> Have you tried from a virtual terminal as well as from X?

Did he try from a display manager?

He says no matter how many tries, so I suppose many thousands of
attempts have been made, which is praise-worthy from an obstination
perspective (I'm just kidding).

No, you're right, go to the console if that hasn't already been done and
give it a try (while verifying that there isn't some sort of keymap
problem, which happened to me once or twice).

--
Même l’avenir n’est plus ce qu’il était.
Paul Valéry