Re: CUPS under jessie

On 2016-06-20, Charlie S <taoquester@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Debian Linux systems, have found HP printers are good and Epson
> printers to be good as well.
>
> Brother printers can be made to work, but it's onerous and not all the
> features work. Maybe it's just the models that I have tried to get
> working are not the models that Debian printing packages favour. So
> have installed the closest possible. Therefore not full featured.

Brother printer here. Works and worked out of the box without further
ado. HL-2030 laser. Had it for years and years and just keeps on keeping
on. I believe they do offer Linux drivers for their devices, too (which
is at least an effort in the right direction, although not needed for
this particular printer).

Ta ta for now,

C.

--
Hypertext--or should I say the ideology of hypertext?--is ultrademocratic and
so entirely in harmony with the demagogic appeals to cultural democracy that