Re: wrong owner of /run/user/1000/dconf/user causes X to freeze

Thanks for your answers. Helpful - and funny :-)

> no, this is a perfectly fine list to ask that question.
Good.

> The problem is that the answer is "systemd".

> In this case dconf,

So I have 2 choices now.  Thanks!

> and ask the maintainer to reassign the bug if it's wrong.
Good point, thanks!

> In this case it has already been reported (quite a few times):

... and wow - all the way back to Nov 2014 even. Interesting. Feels good
not to be alone in this ;-)

There in that thread, I like this sentence
> it makes the system quite unstable in an undebian way.
:-)

Perhaps I should rather post into that existing "libpam-systemd" thread,
instead of starting a new bug report.

Last question:  What about my idea - anyone knows such a tool?

> > Or how to identify which package is causing it?
> > Is there a way to install a watcher, which logs
> > all the programs which are changing a certain file?

Plus which specific change they have done.
In this case: Change owner to "root" / Re-create, owned by root.

Because then after logging for a while, I could submit a list of all
culprits.

If such a watcher tool does not exist yet ... then I have found a new
niche that can be filled with to-be-created code, right? Best starting
point for such a script? First idea would be dumb regular polling, and
comparing to last stored state, and logging all changes. But then I
would still only know WHEN it happens, not WHO has caused it. Which
level of the stack all the way down to the file sytem does know about
the actor of a file change? Thx.

And *hahaha*:

> > The problem is that the answer is "systemd".
> >
> Even before June is over you win this month's prize
> for the most useless post to -user. The committee is
> unaminous on this. Well done! Wear your badge
> with pride. The question was
>   How can I file a Debian bug report,
>   without assigning it to a specific package?
> Your answer is so tangential it requires use of the
> axe-to-grind package to make headway with a response.

Not even sure what exactly that might mean, but I guess:
100 out of 100 points for the sarcastic comment of the day.
I just ... love the people of the internets :-)