Re: libreCAD, can't find help docs

Yeah, you got a lot of stuff here ;-)

The repositories all got the same priority 500 besides the wheezy-backports i386
target release which is set to priority 100. These priorities are normally set
in /etc/apt/preferences. What is the contents of this file on your system?

The easiest to try for your specific request is to list also the dependencies
explicitly in the apt-get command:

   apt-get -s -t wheezy-backports install freecad freecad-doc qt4-dev-tools
libsoqt4-20 python-pivy

(This has the disadvantage that the information which packages are automatically
installed is lost. Therefor, after successfully installing freecad inform the
system about what are just dependency packages with

  apt-mark auto qt4-dev-tools libsoqt4-20 python-pivy
)

If the installation doesn't work, have a look at
ttps://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ . There it says:

"
To allow some newer packages for those systems we create so called sloppy
distributions. For oldstable (wheezy) packages from the current testing
(stretch) are allowed to be uploaded to wheezy-backports-sloppy.

You can use it exactly as the current backports distribution, just add another
line to your sources.list and install new packages via apt-get -t
wheezy-backports-sloppy install or apt-get -t jessie-backports install.
"

By the way, a nice tool is apt-show-versions to see from which release
(distribution) a package on your system is installed from.
It could help to trim /etc/apt/sources.list.

Regards,
jvp.

Gene Heskett wrote on 06/08/16 15:44:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2016 02:41:02 Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
>
>> Maybe, the priority of the package repositories for , e.g., package
>> "libsoqt4-20" is wrong.
>>
>> Let's see what's the outcome of
>>
>>   apt-cache policy
>
> Rather lengthy, wordwrap off: