Re: burning BlueRay which software/drive/media

Hi,

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:24:23 +0200
Thomas <thomasitcom@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try do burn BlueRay disk.
> I have an HL-DT-ST and have used
> #wodim
> and
> #growisofs
>
> I have reduced the burn speed but writing is still failed
>

> # growisofs -Z /dev/sr0 -R -speed=1 -input-charset utf-8 -J /tmp/data
> # wodim -v speed=1 dev=/dev/sr0 /tmp/data
>
> Is there any other programm or is the problem the writer and/or typ of
> media

In case your problems come from a problematic drive, you might want want
to try the original crtools from Joerg Schilling. Due to licensing issues
they are not shipped with debian, but compiling and installing them is
quite easy, just download Schilling's smake and compile and install it
to /opt/schily with make && make install , then download cdrtools and
compile them with /opt/schily/bin/smake && /opt/schily/bin/smake install.
Personnally, if I want a gui I use k3b, and when you put something like

if [ -d /opt/schily/bin ] ; then
    PATH=/opt/schily/bin:"${PATH}"
fi

into your ~/.bashrc , k3b automatically uses Schilling's tools as default.

I used to have problems with burning discs myself, probably caused by
problematic drives, since I switched to using cdrtools everything "just
works".

Best regards

Michael

The games have always strengthened us.  Death becomes a familiar
pattern.  We don't fear it as you do.
		-- Proconsul Marcus Claudius, "Bread and Circuses",
		   stardate 4041.2